My sister in law, Debbie, bought me a book a few months ago. The past few weeks I've finally taken the time to read it and I am so thankful that I did. When I read The Eden Diet, I felt like the author had written it just for me. I can honestly say that I've never felt a connection with a book (a nonfiction book) like I did with this one. It is all about listening to the hunger signs that God has given you, paying attention to portion size, and not letting food have control over you. It was exactly what I needed to read at just the right time. I'm so thankful for Deb, and thankful that God put the idea in her head to purchase the book for me. ;)
So today, I started my new life of not letting the food control me. It has not been easy and it is only day 1. I'm not sure that I even know what it feels like to experience hunger; so this will be a new concept for me. Like right now, as I'm writing this, I'm thinking to myself that I am hungry. But I don't think I really am. I know that half of my dinner is sitting in the fridge and I think I need to eat it because I didn't eat the whole thing. But my logical self is telling me that it will still be there tomorrow and it will be just fine. I think that I eat for many reasons, but usually not for the right ones. I eat because it is lunch time, I eat because I'm watching t.v., I eat because everyone else is eating, I eat because I'm bored, I eat because no one is watching, I eat because I am sad, emotional, stressed... You name it, I've made up an excuse to eat. But today I didn't. And when I wanted to eat when I wasn't hungry, I prayed to God to give me strength, and guess what, He DID!!
Today was a blessing and I'm going to bed happy and proud of myself; and I haven't really been happy about myself in a long time. A good day has passed on this journey. Here's hoping for another good day tomorrow. Please continue to pray for me. Blessings, Jamie
Stats for Last Week
Miles Jogged - 10
Days Exercised - 5
Pounds Lost - 2.2
No comments:
Post a Comment